Enterprise Project Management
“Gain visibility and take an integrated approach to project, program and portfolio management”
In recent years, IT has become an important part of organization governance. This transformation has changed the management view to a greater extend. Earlier the focus was commonly on management of single project while in the subsequent years the focus changed considering the fact that a project is likely to not be the only one in the enterprise. The project co-exists with many other projects in the enterprise, may be part of a program or a portfolio. The management is more inclined to align projects with the strategy to meeting strategic objectives. In order to facilitate governance and meeting strategic objectives, it has become essential to manage and assess all the projects in the enterprise, through a set of Enterprise Project Management processes.
The methodology and tools to implementing an Enterprise Project Management are to be considered in light of the organization’s Project Management Maturity, processes and governance structures that are currently in place. There are many tools & techniques that can support such implementations. Project and Portfolio Management helps organizations gain visibility and control across all work, enhancing decision-making, improving alignment with business strategy, maximizing resource utilization, and enhancing project execution to optimize ROI.
Benefits of Enterprise Project Management
The Enterprise Project Management (EPM) solution can automate the following Project & Portfolio functions. pmwares can assist in selection of right tools and techniques to implement required functions as per organization’s need and bring these benefits
- Portfolio Selection and Analytics
- Prioritize, Optimize, and Select project portfolios that best align with the organization’s strategic goals
- Demand Management
- Intuitively capture all requests in a central repository, and manage them through standard workflow
- Resource Management
- Proactively manage resources throughout the project life cycle and across projects, track resource utilization, know over & under allocation and resolve them
- Cost Management
- Budget, Plan, Measure & Control project and portfolio cost performance
- Schedule Management
- Easily create effective simple and complex project schedules
- Project Tracking
- Collection and collate project task status updates from team members
- Team Collaboration
- Connect and share information & documents with team irrespective of their location
- Business Intelligence and Reporting
- Effectively measure project performance and gain visibility and control across all portfolios
If you would like to know more about Enterprise Project Management and benefits it can bring to you, please Contact Us and we will be glad to assist you.